Business cards have undergone a massive transformation. Technological advancements have given rise to many innovations. The one that tops the list is PVC business cards. Traditionally, business cards were paper-made. However, the advent of plastic cards changes the whole economics of this business. As the name suggests, they contain polyvinyl chloride (PVC). It is a highly durable material and hence PVC business cards last much longer than paper-based cards.
- Hue: When it comes to color, the printing process revolves around four tones. It’s CMYK – Cyan (blue), Magenta (red/pink), Yellow and Black. Using these, we can create a full spectrum of colors. Through digital printing, we infuse different hues between two layers of transparent plastic. This ensures, the text and graphics are clearer and last longer.
- Finishing: You can opt for a matte or glossy finish, as per your requirement. Matte finish has a muted color tone whereas, in gloss, the colors look brighter.
- Craftsmanship: PVC cards can be digital or exquisitely handmade. Under high pressure, they apply color to the plastic. The temperature is as high as 400°F. They introduce color tones separately. It is then fused in between crystal clear PVC sheets.
- Thickness: This is available in three densities starting from 420 microns. It is the thinnest and cheapest option. The next size is 680 microns. The thickest of the lot is 760 microns.
- Customization: PVC cards can be tailor-made for every business need. Flexibility is its biggest plus. These cards come in various shapes and sizes. If you already have a paper business card, you can easily convert it into a PVC business card for increased durability. Modifying designs is child’s play. You can also get a 3D effect. It’s a visual treat.
- QR Codes: The next-gen business cards have integrated technology as well. QR code is one such option. These can be easily incorporated into your PVC business cards. Users can scan the code to obtain detailed information about your business.
Benefits of PVC cards
With PVC cards, we can make identity cards, credit & debit cards, and loyalty cards. Recently, business cards have also entered into this category. There are numerous benefits of choosing PVC over paper for your business cards.
- Durability: Its life span is much higher than a paper-made card. It does not perish easily and is usually waterproof like any other PVC product. Due to this, customers tend to retain it longer.
- Flexibility: The sky’s the limit when it comes to the options available in terms of a PVC card. You can make it in any desired shape and size. It can also be transparent or opaque.
- Versatility: It easily adapts itself to the requirement of the customer. There are no restrictions in terms of designs and customization.
- Impressive: It creates a great first impression of your business. Their unique designs are eye-catchy. It gets etched in the minds of potential customers and clients. It enhances your brand image and increases the chances of converting meetings into sales.
Eco-friendly PVC business cards are also available these days. These cards reduce the carbon footprint and impress customers simultaneously. One for the future indeed!